Monday 20 January 2014

Everyday Makeup



When it comes to my everyday make up I like to make sure it looks the best it possibly can so i like to put my make-up on at work and because I usually arrive quite early I can take my time putting it all on.
Mainly because I usually find that by the time I've stepped outside in the blustery winds its all blown off!

The make up bag I carry around in my bag is 25cm bag with a floral union jack pattern on which I think is really cute and to me looks slightly old school Ted Baker? But no, it's actually from Primark! 
I try and keep the products that I carry around with me as travel sized so that they don't take up much space in my bag and so that they all fit inside my mini cosmetics bag.

The Base.


After receiving the Laura Mercier Foundation Primer in my October Birch box I've been hooked! I' have even purchased the full sized bottle so that I can keep the mini one in my bag for work! It's fantastic, it's very light on your face and absorbs nice a quickly. 
I then go straight in with my new favourite bases, Dr Jart+ Water Fuse BB Beauty Balm with SPF 25. This is a very light coverage and a very light base that I like to use when my skins feeling kind to me and I haven got a spot in sight very my skin but better. You can apply this with your fingers or with a brush, I use my beloved Real Techniques Buffing Brush and it blends in beautifully. This product comes in a one shade suits all and fortunately does match my light skin tone but would suggest you try the product on your cheek before purchasing.
To cover up any scars or small blemishes I use the Collection 2000 lasting perfection concealer in shade 3. The packaging isn't the greatest i find that every time i turn the doe foot applicator back in product seems to come out around the rim giving me a very messy make up bag (enter facial wipes). The concealer itself performs marvellously and will cover up any marks you have and at around £3 you can't really make up an excuse not to have it!
I've also been testing out the newish Bourjois Java Rice Powder that from what I understand is a re-release and reformulated product that was around when the cosmetics company first started to around 150 Years ago! This has been widely related to the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder that is almost 4x the price but in my opinion still worth the high price tag. It's a pink hued powder with a slight shimmer that brightens up your face without you looking like a disco ball. I'll apply this with the Real Tecniques Blush brush very lightly as the powder comes through a spin and release like wheel and has a tendency to dispense a little too much. Im very much into the dewy/glowy look so this is a diamond in my eyes.
Bourjois Java Rice Powder looks great with MaxFactors Soft Pink Creamy Blush. If you can get past the slightly cheap packaging this is definitely a must have for any girls beauty bag. It's a very subtle soft pink colour (it looks more like a bright red in the photograph) that gives you a natural pretty flush. Sometimes I apply this product with my fingers and sometimes I'll use my Real Techniques Contour Brush to buff it out it all depends if i remember to pack the brush either way applies beautifully.
If like me you suffer from under eye bags then look no further than Laura Mercier's Secret Concealer. I have shade number 2 after finding number 1 slightly too light for my complexion. It's very creamy and is made for only the eyes only which can only mean that you really are getting the good stuff. I pat the product under my eyes and then blend using a fluffy Real Techniques Setting Brush. I use this purely because the skin around your eyes is very delicate so i us a lighter brush around here and it actually works really well, you could also use a MAC 217 brush, this also has the same advantage of it being a fluffy blending brush.

The Eyes



After growing my eyelashes using Rapid Lash a few years ago i am a big fan of enhancing my peepers frames! I use the classic Shu Uemura Eyelash Curlers and boy do they do the trick! When i curly my eyelashes i make sure i have them all clamped in and then tilt the curlers so that my hand goes away from my face. When i don't use this trick i find that my eyeashes and look like they're at a bit of a right angle and just pointing upwards. With this trick you get more of a natural HD curl.
For mascara I use my very well loved Clinique High Impact Mascara. OH BABY! This Mascara is probably the best mascara i have ever used! I prefer fiber mascara wands and apposed to plastic wands because i personally feel that they coat each individual lash better without clumping and i have never experienced clumps with this product top or bottom lashes. It gives you nice natural fluttery lashes that can also be built up to be hardcore look at my lashes, lashes. I can't praise this mascara enough!

The Lips


For my lips I like to keep them pretty natural and use MAC Cremesheen lipstick in Shy Girl. This is a beige/pink/peachy/nude lovely natural colour with a vanilla scent. This is also one of MACs top selling lipsticks! It applies nicely but sometimes can 'catch' you lip in a way that feels slightly dry but that again might just be my winter lips needing a little bit more nourishment! 

Hope you're liking what you see! 

Grace x

No comments:

Post a Comment