Friday 21 February 2014

A tip on how to get fresh radiant base makeup

I think it's safe to say I'm a natural dewy base lover. I am a fan of the Clarins Hydraquench Tinted Moisturiser, REN Satin Perfection BB CreamDr Jart+ Water Fuse Beauty Balm and my all time favourite is the Laura Mercier Oil-Free Tinted Moisturiser. So as I'm getting ready for a night out I thought I would share my secret on how to get the best radiant glowy looking base makeup.



Most of the time the way to achieve great makeup's to have a great skincare routine I'll usually have a good cleanse, tone, serum and then moisturise but more on that in a post coming soon. So watch out! 
Giving myself a facial spritz not only wakes me up in the morning but I also think it's a great added extra moisture boost for your skin in this harsh winter weather. My favourite spritz is the much adored (particularly after Victoria Beckham tweeted her love for it) Caudalie Beauty Elixir. It's a wonderful anti dull, light product that is very much appreciated when your all hot and bothered in the summer. I spray a couple of pumps of this onto my face, enjoy the minty fresh scent and let it sink in for a few seconds. Next I'll go in with my Laura Mercier Oil-Free Tinted Moisturiser which is a light super sheer coverage base and is a glow giver in itself without making you look all sweaty. I tend to buff this in with a Real Techniques Buffing brush but it works great with your fingers too. I usually just use one layer of this but it's fine if you want to use two layers. After if done this I'll spritz another couple of sprays from my beauty elixir and light pat it in with a flat brush if you have a greasy T-zone after woods you could light apply some invisible powder down you nose and across your forehead as ideally you want the glow coming from the outer of your face et viola! Dewy and done!

Simple and very effective! I use this all the time and I love it! The Beauty Elixir coming in two sizes a 30ml (great for keeping in your handbag) and a 100ml and I buy mine from either Feel Unique, Caudalie or my second home Space NK. You'll also find the Laura Mercier Oil-FreeTinted Moisturiser in in the isle's of Space NK and Selfridges.

Grace x

No comments:

Post a Comment