Tuesday 25 February 2014

My Morning Skincare Routine


Now 5 or 6 products may look daunting in the morning, especially if you know you're going to have to do your makeup as well. But, if you think about it, in order to have good makeup you need a good base to put it on. So here I am about to share with you the products I love to use in the morning to help me get the best out of my makeup or just to show of good healthy looking skin.



I class myself to be in to combination to blemish prone skin category so I am prone to the odd blemish if I use products with shea butter in or if it's coming up to  that time of the month for me. SO I try to use products that can help keep those blemishes at bay as best as possible. 
As soon as I wake up I take a shower and use my all time favourite, never turning back cleanser by REN which is there Clearcalm 3 Clarifying Clay Cleanser which is specifically aimed for those with problem skin. It's a really lovely morning cleanser to use because its not too heavy and really light and refreshing. I tend to rub this into my skin for 1-2 minutes and then wash off using a clean flannel. Since I've used this I have notice a significant difference in the way my skin breaks out and when I haven't used this.. well, it's not pretty. So for anyone with problem skin or would just like a fresh light cleanser then I would suggest trying this baby out.
Next I like to acid tone particularly focusing on any blemishes that might be appearing but also remove any dead skin cells. This Glow Tonic by PIXI,  is a great as it's got glycolic acid in which help to lightly exfoliate the skin and as it's a liquid it won't break any spots and spread the infection unlike a beaded exfoliator.


Once I have cleansed and toned my face I like to brighten up dull morning skin using my Caudalie Beauty Elixir Spray. It's a really lovely satisfying fresh and minty spritz that really awakens the skin and its a great base for make up i even spritz it on top! see here. 
Once my Beauty Elixir has soaked into my skin I always use a serum. I find my base makeup always looks so much better when I've used a serum on my face, I'm not sure why exactly but it really does make a difference. At the moment I'm chopping and changing between two very well loved in the beauty industry serums. The first and one I've been using for well over a year is La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo+ (the plus has only recently been added) this is seen as a treatment product again for blemish prone skin. It is slightly tacky in texture when applied but thats soon sorted out with once you add your moisturiser. If you have blemish prone skin I would definitely recommend checking it out next time your in boots. The next serum I have been using I actually expected a lot more from and its Hydraluron by Indeed Labs. It's huge in the blogging world and even skin care guru Caroline Hirons says it's fantastic. But for me, I'm just not seeing much difference. It's suppose to be super hydrating for the skin but for me, I felt like my skin ended up more dehydrated when I used it. Maybe because it's like a gel? Just me or has anyone else had this? 


Lastly, moisturiser only in the past 2 months have I been using Nivia's Pure and Natural Soothing Day Cream as my morning moisturiser after having suffering with my face being slightly dry (I believe this was due to the hydraluron serum). I had tried so many different moisturisers and this sorted the dryness problem out straight away! When I first applied it I was slightly worried because it's so creamy and checked the packaging several times to see if it had shea butter in and no, it's got nothing nasty like that in. In fact I think it's absolutely great for problem skin. It's super nourishing, makes my skin feel incredibly soft and its dirt cheap definitely one worth trying out.

You may have notice I haven't included an eye cream and that is because I have recently finished my Eyeslix Eye Cream by indeed labs which I quite liked but an interested in trying out more. So if any of you have anymore recommendations especially eye creams targeted at dar circles then definitely let me know!

I hope you've enjoyed reading this post as much as i've enjoyed writing it. I love preparing my skin in the morning and in the evening (see evening skincare routine here) I really feel it makes a huge difference. 
You may be wondering why I use so many blemish products in my skincare routines when I don't have terrible skin, most of the time it's quite clear but when I do suffer from a breakout they are particularly bad so I like to try and keep them at bay as much as possible because I really dislike having to wear makeup to cover any blemishes up as sometimes I feel like make up makes them more obvious at certain stages. Drying up stage.. I'm looking at you!
Anyway I hope you're liking my blog so far, I'm really enjoying writing about all the things I love and know that its appreciated and reciprocated by others.

Thank you for reading,
Grace x

No comments:

Post a Comment