Sunday 2 February 2014

Valentines Day Makeup 1

With Valentines Day just around the corner I thought I would share a couple of my Valentines Day makeup looks a few days at a time. I hope you like like them.



The base that I'm always going back to is my very well loved an almost empty Diorskin Nude BB Creme in number 002. This is a great light weight base with medium semi-matte coverage. I love wearing this because it's so light weight that I can't even feel it on my skin at all, even when I touch it with my hands it still feels like skin, silky soft skin that is. One pump of this will cover your whole face but if you want a tiny bit more coverage you can use two pumps of this. I've blended this in with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush.

For concealer I've gone for the Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer, it is a great high coverage concealer, that is a little bit thick so I like to put this on using a Real Techniques Setting rush as its super soft and stops me putting too much pressure on the delicate area of my eyes. 
Also to cover up two nasty blemishes around my chin I've used Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer with a Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush.  This is a super super heavy and high coverage concealer so you only need to be very light handed a little really does go a long way and I'll only use it if it's impossible to cover up my blemishes with anything else. It's even used to cover up tattoos! 

For blush I've gone for my small Sleek Palette called Lace and have used the colour Guipure, its a beautiful peachy pink toned colour with a subtle bit of golden sparkle running through that really lightens up the face, along with this I've added a touch of Soap and Glory's Glow All Out face powder which I have put on top of my blusher because I find it a little too much of a highlighting pink for as apposed to an over powder. 

For highlighter I've used a little bit of MAC Pigment in Vanilla, this it a beautiful shimmery light colour that i've used very lightly on the tops of my cheekbones and brow bone.

For eyeshadow I went for the gorgeous Urban Decay Naked Palette and have used the colours Sin which it a really pretty shimmery pink colour as my all over lid colour, Toasted which is a dark reddy brown colour in the outer corner and for my inner corner I've used a tiny bit of Virgin which is the lightest shade in the palette. I used my MAC 217 bush to put on Sin and then to blend in toasted in the inner corner.

With my lashes I've did a couple of pumps with my Shu Uemura Eyelash Curlers and went straight in with my favourite Clinique High Impact Mascara which I've used on my top and lightly on my bottom lashes.

Lipstick I've just added a couple of sweeps of the Loreal Collection Privee Color Riche in Eva's Nude, this is a really lovely warm peach colour that feels silky smooth on the lips. Very kiss me now.



What are you doing for the most romantic day of the year and what kind of makeup looks are you going for?

Grace x

2 comments:

  1. I'm thinking of doing a valentines day post soon but might record a video instead :) I found your blog on Instagram and am now your first gfc follower! This look is gorgeous too by the way.

    www.beekle.blogspot.co.uk - I'd love for you to come visit :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow thank you so much!

      if all goes well with this id love to start doing videos, it would be so much easier and quicker to explain what youre doing! but as im new i don't want tosplash out on a nice camera yet until i know its going well.

      i will definitely check out your blog this evening! xxxx

      Delete