Wednesday 12 February 2014

Valentines Day Makeup 3

Now, I know I said my last Valentines Day look was my favourite but today I've had a good makeup day and this definitely is my favourite look out of all three so far. I've used liquid liner, which is something I hardly ever use because i'm incredibly cack handed at it and honestly for the first time ever its almost identical on both sides. Finally i've made it! *claps hands*




Because Valentines day to me is a day where i'd probably want to have my makeup looking delicate and pretty as apposed to smokey and hot. So again for this look I haven't gone for a full coverage heavy makeup look.

For my base my current favourite base Dr Jart+ Water Fuse BB Cream pretty much leapt into my hand. It is a very sheer base and the coverage is really really light so if you are suffering and want to cover up any blemishes or dark circles you will need some concealer if you're using this product. All in all the finished result is a appealing healthy glow that lasts all day long so would be great if you were out all day or if you're at work.
I have also used my Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder very lightly along my cheek bones to slightly shape my face and have then added some of my NARS Liberate Blush. Both of which I spoke about in my last makeup look here.

On my eyes I used a paint pot by MAC in Let's Skate, it's a really pretty light pink with a golden shimmer running through. On my outer courses I blended a dark brown colour from a small palette I saw in Marks and Spencer's brand Autograph a while ago to give a little bit of depth to my eyes.
The next part was a bit risky considering I really am normally absolutely shocking at applying liquid liner but I thought I would have another whack at it today with my Eyeko Skinny Mini black liner and Viola! It actually went on perfectly! I used it lightly and fairly finely from my inner corner out to a tiny little flick on my outer corner.
Of course again I've use my Shu Uemura eyelash curlers and my Clinique High Impact Mascara, I'm sorry I haven't been using anything different but these two products really are incredible at what they do!

On my lips I've done two looks, the first I'm wearing Shy Girl by MAC a really cute peachy nude colour from their creme sheen range. For the second lip look I've used the Rimmel Apocalips in Across The Universe, this is a slightly darker red thats really appropriate for winter and I actually wore this to almost every party I went to over the christmas/new year party season, one because it's beautiful and two because these lip lacquer's are so incredibly long lasting you only really need to top it up once! and that might even be just for the taxi ride home!




I'm sorry about the lighting differences, when I have a none makeup buying month I will definitely be buying a proper camera!
So thats my date night look sorted! now I just need to find the perfect outfit. What are you guys wearing for the big day?

Grace x

No comments:

Post a Comment