Tuesday 4 February 2014

Valentines Makeup Look 2


The more photos I am taking the more I'm realising perhaps I should invest in a proper camera if I'm in the this for the long run. IPhone quality is a lot poorer than I originally thought. Whoever else is in favour please say "I" …  I.


So here is my second makeup look for the most romantic day of the year and boy do I actually really like this one! I might actually wear this out on the day if I'm going on a hot date.

The products I'm using are some of my favourite products and a few you may have heard me talk about before (Clinique High Impact Mascara and Shu Uemura eyelash curlers I'm looking at you!) and few I'm not sure I've mentioned very often, if not at all so if your interested, read on!

So for bases I went for my summer time favourite Laura Mercier Oil Free Tinted Moisturiser, i wear the shade nude I love this Tinted moisturiser because of it natural dewy finish on the skin. It's lasting power is pretty darn good too, I can usually go six hours without having to add a touch of concealer as its also a fairly good coverage product and works fantastically blended in with just your finger tips or if like me you're not one to get your hands dirty the fantastic Real Techniques Buffing Brush. However if you are suffering from a few pesky blemishes you might need some extra concealer on though. For this look I've used once again my Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer because I've got a planet forming on my chin. Thank you Mother Nature. NOT.

With my under eye circles looking slightly better than normal I have used Laura Mercier's Secret Concealer which is specially made as an eye concealer only and matches fantastically with my tinted moisturiser thanks to the wonderful lady at my local Space NK i wear number two. Considering its a fairly creamy consistency I find this quite difficult to blend without tugging at my eyes so be sure to use a good eyecream before you apply this or use a fluffy brush I've used a Real Techniques Setting Brush.

When it came to blush I hoard so many it was difficult to choose but I eventually went for my not so often used NARS blush in Liberate. It's a beautifully rich reddish coral colour it was actually one of my first nars products and I'm not sure why I keep forgetting about it because it is such a gorgeous shade!
I also decided I'd bring my check bones out to play with Kevyn Aucoin's Sculpting Powder which I absolutely love and have a full review on it here. I swept this on with a large angled cheek brush.

Now onto eyes, I have used my Urban decay Eyeshadow Primer (mini version) on my lids before applying Rimmels Eyeshadow Quad in Brixton Brown which has been widely called the cheaper version of Charlotte Tilbury's The Dolce Vita Palette. I've used the Champagne colour on the middle to the centre of my eyes and then also in my inner corner with a little bit of the Red colour blended into my outer corner and crease with a MAC 217. I also used the darkest brown shade thinly along my upper lash line with a small angled brush.
Of course I've used my Shu Uemura Eyelash Curlers and Clinique High Impact Mascara and you'll know why if you've read any of my other posts. I also failed to add into the picture that I had used my super cute Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara in brown. I like to use brown on my bottom lashes because I do actually see that it really does make blue eyes look bluer.

Lips are for kissing so I've used Revlon's Colorburst Laquer Balm in Tease. Its a really pretty and long lasting lip product which surprisingly smells of peppermint so I wouldn't worry about eating garlic bread if you're out on a date.






Enjoy,

Grace x

No comments:

Post a Comment